Saturday 24 November 2012

And again at Soil Hill

its quite a site is soil hill, if you like mud and rubbish. Since it was a lovely morning with a lovely groundfrost I headed up the hill to see what birds were around. Following is a complete list of all the species I saw today:
-1 Blackbird, Male
-2 Phesants, cock and hen
-3 Meadow Pipits, flyovers
-4 Sheep
So as you can see, it was a pretty poor turnout from the birds this morning. I bumped into NK as I was leaving, hope you had more fum that me Nigel.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely Hilarious Daniel; add to yr list 1 Kestrel, 4 Goldfinch, 90 Lapwing on the bottom field and one more Sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a pretty impressive number of lapwings, I didn't go down to the bottom field, but I wish I had now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't go down, the sun came out after we spoke and they can be viewed from the edge of the top field.

    ReplyDelete