Thursday 23 January 2014

Unbelievable

So I finished a 40 min session of revision at around 11.45 and turned around to find a beautiful male sparrowhawk sat on in the tree outside my room preening itself. I could not believe my eyes. I made for the camera to get some shots and it did not even flinch. In fact after a few minuets of me taking photos of it in the tree it flew down and landed on the flat roof below my window and started to paddle for about 10 minuets. There are no words for a chance experience like this. I was able to see it clumsily waddle through the water, have a poo and drink all from my bedroom window, less than 5 meters away from me. Absolutely incredible! The only downside is that because my photos were taken through my window they have not come out as well as I would have liked, but that is only a minor issue...



-Sparrowhawk

2 comments: