Tuesday 31 December 2019

Anglers CP twitching Ring-necked Duck

My most dipped British species is Ring-necked Duck but having seen them in two countries before, I was in no rush to twitch the individual that turned up at Anglers CP, less than an hours drive from my house. But I made plans to visit on my way to Spurn for new years.
On arrival to the site I was disappointed to find the site bursting with families and dogs, but fortunately there was still a wide range of wildfowl on display and, although it took some time, I was able to locate the Ring-necked Duck on the far side of the lake from the hide. Although it spent much of its time asleep, even when I was on the bank closest to it, the bird did finally awake about ten mins before my parking ticket ran out, so that was a bonus. A nice British tick to round off the year.


Species List:
Anglers CP: Canada Goose, Mute Swan, Common Shelduck, Northern Shoveler, Gadwall, Eurasian Wigeon, Mallard, Eurasian Teal, Common Pochard, Ring-necked Duck, Tufted Duck, Common Goldeneye, Common Merganser, Little Grebe, Great Crested Grebe, Common Wood Pigeon, Common Moorhen, Eurasian Coot, Northern Lapwing, Common Snipe, Black-headed Gull, Mew Gull, European Herring Gull, Great Black-backed Gull, Great Cormorant, Eurasian Magpie, Carrion Crow, Eurasian Blue Tit, Great Tit, Common Starling, Song Thrush, Common Blackbird, European Robin, Dunnock, White Wagtail, Common Chaffinch, Lesser Redpoll, European Goldfinch,

No comments:

Post a Comment