Friday 5 June 2020

Whiteholme Reservoir

Once again I ventured to Whiteholme to have a look at a wader. This time it was a Ruff, but sadly I was unable to find the bird in windy conditions.
However, it was still a very productive trip when I bumped into a fantastic Little Stint on the shoreline with two Dunlin. Although I was extremely careful not to flush it, there was no need as the bird was not shy. At one point I simply waited for it to walk towards me, when it came to within two feet. Absolutely stunning bird, I am informed is the first in Halifax for 22 years and the first ever spring record. Certainly made for a worthwhile trip.
The supporting cast was fairly light, but I did have my first Little Ringed Plover of the year, as well as at least 5 Dunlin and 3 Common Sandpipers. Nice to also meet PS and DF up there.
-Little Stint
-Dunlin

Species List:
Whiteholme Reservoir: Common Swift, Little Ringed Plover, Eurasian Curlew, Dunlin, Little Stint, Common Sandpiper, Carrion Crow, Eurasian Skylark, Pied Wagtail, Meadow Pipit,

No comments:

Post a Comment