Sunday 15 August 2021

Soil Hill; Week 09th August - 15th August

Soil Hill

Having spent most of the week at Spurn, there were only a few days when I could visit the old stomping ground before work. Still I managed four visits in often frustratingly windy conditions; not ideal for site where passerines make up the majority of the birds present. Still, I persevered and had a few nice bits to show for it. The best of the week was my first Wheatear of the autumn, which was present on the Thursday upon my return and then stayed in place for the rest of the week. The number of Willow Warblers present varied daily but peaked with 7 on the 12th. Also on the 12th I had my first Tree Pipit of the year here. Last year I recorded them many times during August so to have my first as late as the 12th was a little frustrating but still gratefully received when it finally happened. Otherwise it was only the regular species, but it was still good to record over 30 species every day.

-Northern Wheatear


Species List:
Soil Hill: Canada Goose, Mallard, Common Pheasant, Red-legged Partridge, Feral Pigeon, Stock Dove, Common Wood Pigeon, Common Moorhen, Common Snipe, Black-headed Gull, Common Gull, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Common Buzzard, Common Kestrel, Eurasian Magpie, Western Jackdaw, Rook, Carrion Crow, Eurasian Blue Tit, Barn Swallow, Willow Warbler, Common Whitethroat, Eurasian Wren, Common Starling, Mistle Thrush, Common Blackbird, European Robin, Northern Wheatear, Dunnock, House Sparrow, Pied Wagtail, Meadow Pipit, Tree Pipit, Common Chaffinch, European Greenfinch, Common Linnet, European Goldfinch, Common Reed Bunting,

No comments:

Post a Comment