Friday 29 December 2023

Soil Hill

  It's been a steady old month of birding. The weather has been shocking, and it is largely a consequence of the horrendous weather that I have found myself giving the Hill a wide berth. Today, however, despite the gales and the passing rainstorms, I headed up and was rewarded with probably the best views I've ever had of the local Grey Partridges. They were feeding near the Taylor Lane turnoff from Perseverance Road, on my walk, and were still present on my return, so decided to drive back up, and using the car as a hide I was able to approach the birds nice and close. Presumably, the same family group that has been around since the summer, indicating another successful breeding season at this site.

-Grey Partridge

Species List:
Soil Hill: Pink-footed Goose, Canada Goose, Mallard, Grey Partridge, Common Pheasant, Feral Pigeon, Stock Dove, Common Wood Pigeon, Common Moorhen, Black-headed Gull, Common Gull, European Herring Gull, Grey Heron, Common Buzzard, Western Barn Owl, Common Kestrel, Eurasian Magpie, Western Jackdaw, Rook, Carrion Crow, Eurasian Wren, Common Starling, Redwing, Common Blackbird, European Robin, Dunnock, Meadow Pipit, Eurasian Bullfinch, 

No comments:

Post a Comment