Monday, 31 August 2026

Lac de Créteil

   I returned to the Creteil Lake today eager to continue searching for migrant birds. Today was far more productive than my last visit, and I had a great morning. In total, I managed five Pied Flycatchers, a Spotted Flycatcher, a Common Redstart, a Garden Warbler, eight Blackcaps and two Reed Warblers. It was quite the haul of birds, and I was very pleased with that outcome.

  Towards the end of the morning the weather turned a little gloomy, and there was a short rain shower. I wondered if there might be a chance this could drop something in, as occurs on reservoirs in the UK, but did not hold out too much hope. However, soon after it cleared I picked up a juvenile Mediterranean Gull flying low over the lake and then overhead, followed shortly by a flock of four Ruff that made off northwest without slowing down.

  Additionally it was nice to see the Little Bittern twice during my walk round, after only hearing it last time. It was a fantastic morning, and I am very much looking forward to coming back later in the week. 


-Pied Flycatcher
-Spotted Flycatcher
-Common Redstart
-Reed Warbler
-Mediterranean Gull
-Ruff
-Little Bittern

No comments:

Post a Comment