Saturday 22 May 2010

the way to hardcastle craggs, oxenhope moor

went to hardcastle craggs today, to hopefully photograph some dippers, we went over oxenhope moor in the hope of spotting a short eared owl. unfortunately we didn't but we did spot some other nice things. as we drove over I spotted a red grouse pair. I asked my mum to pull over so I could try and photograph it. I took one or two snaps out of the window, (as an insurance in case they flew away when the car door opened). unfortunately the spotted me and ducked. I waited at the barbed wire fence and spotted a curlew some way away. I took some snaps of this but they are not very good. I was just about to wrap up when I spotted a small green butterfly on the other side of the fence. A green hairstreak I though and jumped over the fence to take some photos off it. It was a very obliging butterfly, it kept landing and had no objection to me being so close. I have only ever seen one of these butterflies once before so it was a real treat to be able to see another.


look at the lovely colour of this butterfly-a stunning insect
the curlew I talked about
red grouse taken from the car
on the way back my mum wanted me to take a photo off a Field full off Lady's smock (that's a pink flower to you and me) so we pulled over and I tried. It is quite hard to take landscape photos with my lens but I managed to snap a few, then, out of the blue, a lapwing came and landed really close to the car. I managed to get a few shots but the grass was long so it managed to keep hiding. it flew off eventually but not Before I managed to snap this shot which I am really proud off!

No comments:

Post a Comment