Sunday 30 March 2014

Uni Semester 2 Week 7

Monday
On the way into town to pick up a mothers day present I decided to have a quick look at the peregrines on the church. One bird was sat on the box looking rather fine, probably the female, but without the bins I can't be sure. The other adult did not put in an appearance during my cameo visit.

Wednesday
So birding doesn't get much better than this. Quarter past nine on a Wednesday evening, playing star wars battlefront, when for the second night in a row I hear a pair of Tawny Owls outside. Last night though I was in my PJ's watching star wars (I love star wars) and did not go. However, today as soon as I heard them I was out like a shot, not even star wars battle could hold me back. I got out and followed the calls about 50 meters down the road into the Endcliffe village. I could hear them getting close when one flew across the path. Boom! I hardly ever see owls so I was very excited. There was another lad there from my course and he was looking for them too. Together we tracked them into the tree on the opposite side of the path before it flew from there too. We got a pretty decent view but the second time it flew a way off and I could not follow it. Either way, its a great spot of a bird I hardly ever see, and 93rd species this year

Saturday
Setting off for Anglers at some ungodly hour I stumbled across 2 jays in one of the trees at the top of Glossop Road. They did not fly away as I walked on the other side of the road, which allowed me to get pretty decent views of them as they chilled in the tree. It was a great start to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment