Thursday 10 September 2015

Spurn Day 9

It was my last day before I had to go home. With the easterlies continuing I hoped for one final bird to drop in, but alas only a handful of scarce migrants came down. As usual I started with a seawatch, which was probably the slowest of my time. The highlight, and real oddity really, was a pair of Avocets that flew south quite far out really, when all things considered.
I did my usual wander around the warren, the triangle and beacon lane, and had good numbers of Spotted Flycatcher, Pied Flycatcher, Wheatear and Redstart. Late morning and a red breasted flycatcher was found in the crown car park, but only showed briefly and was not seen again, so I missed it. Other than that, the birdlife was mainly composed of the regular ducks and waders.
-Wheatear
In the late afternoon I went with Tim to Sammies point where we continued to have good migrant numbers, including around 10 Whinchat and the same number of Redstarts. Sadly though I had to cut my time short to get a lift back. It was not quite the haul I had hoped for but made for a nice end to my time at Spurn.

Species List:
Seawatching: Sandwich Tern, Avocet, Wigeon, Teal, Common Scoter, Gannet, Red-Throated Diver, Black-Headed Gull, Common Gull, Fulmar, Great Black-Backed Gull, Herring Gull, Wheatear, Swallow,
Warren, Triangle, Beacon Lane: Wheatear, Reed Bunting, Meadow Pipit, Linnet, Yellow Wagtail, Spotted Flycatcher, Whinchat, Swallow, Great Tit, Starling. Carrion Crow, Dunlin, Redstart, Moorhen, Green Sandpiper, Teal, Wigeon, Mallard, Little Grebe, Snipe, Magpie, Feral Pigeon, Willow Warbler, Sanderling, Redshank, Greenshank, Black-tailed Godwit,
Sammies: Whinchat, Stonechat, Wheatear, Redstart, Pied Flycatcher, Ringed Plover, Little Egret, Great Tit, Blackbird, Dunlin, Carrion Crow, Willow Warbler, 

No comments:

Post a Comment