Thursday 19 July 2012

Angelsey-first evening

And so we have arrived at angelsey. I have to say that our caravan site is quite nice, and the facilities are not bad. After dinner we decided to go a local nature reserve just down the road at Cefni reservoir, which is not one that I am overly familiar with from my research. On the way to the far carpark we past a field full of hay bales, and perched on one of the nearest hay bales was a buzzard. We went up and down the road a few times before we finally got into the right place for me to take a few photos. sadly it moved off not long after we pulled up, so the photos were not too good.


-Buzzard














Walking along the resevoir path that went nowhere near the reservoir in the twilight. There were a few swifts hunting along the path but that was it for birdlife. It the vegetation along side the path My brother spotted an usual spider wrapping up a moth, and so I knelt down to try to take some photos.

-Spider Sp.
As we reached the end of the walk, where we were going to turn back, I spotted a common blue damselfly on a piece of grass. Curiously, it moved round the piece of grass as I moved round to try and see it, so that it was always hiding behind the grass. Its the first time I have ever seen this behavior, so it was quite amusing. It made photographing them quite difficult, but eventually I found that moving your hand round the back menat they moved away from your hand and not from you

-Common Blue damselfly



-Common Blue tailed damselfly







































-Common Blue Damselfly





















So those were the first damelflies I have seen this holiday, and hopefully not the last. Its a good start to the holiday  

No comments:

Post a Comment