Friday 27 July 2012

Back home after angelsey

 We arrived back from Angelsey at around 10 o'clock that evening, so it was dark when we got home. Whilst unloading the caravan, I spotted something flying next to the wheelie bin. I naturally assumed it must be a moth, as it clearly had some orange and was flying at night. I waited to see what would happen and luckily it landed on the wheelie bin. I could'nt believe it when I saw that it was one of the black and red burrying beetles, the first Time I have ever seen one. I got incredibly excited, as I dop when I see something surprising and rushed upstairs to get my camera. I called my family to come and see it, and they followed me to watch it on the bin. It was frustrating that it kept wanting to go under the lid of the bin, but could'nt fit and I could't get a photo of its head. My dad tried to coax it out from underneath the bin lid, but then the most incredible thing happened; it started to squeak. I was shocked, but amazed. Eventually It settled on the floor where I was able to get some record shots of the squeaky red and black burrying beetle. I was tremendously excited. Eventually it flew off into the night...




















-Black and Red Burying Beetle (Nicrophorus vespillo)

No comments:

Post a Comment