Thursday 4 February 2016

Ladybower Reservoir and Orgreave Lakes

I bought myself a new camera during exam period and so these were my first outings with it. I had football on Wednesday afternoon so could not go on any extravagant trips. I invited my parents down and we headed off for a walk in the peaks around Ladybower. The light was awful so its not really a true test of the camera, but there were also no birds which did not help. The best of it was a very obliging robin around the cafe.
-Robin
The next day I had football again so could not travel far. I headed to Orgreave where the light continued to be poor but there was a marked increase in the number of birds. Highlights were a flock of Seven Redpoll, a Jay and the usual good numbers of wildfowl. A pair of Talon twisting Kestrels was also pretty special. I took plenty of photos but with the light being so poor none of them are really worth including.
-Graylag Geese
The results are promising though and I look forward to taking it out for a spin on longer trips in better conditions.

Species List:
Ladybower Reservoir: Goldcrest, Robin, Mallard, Pheasant, Common Buzzard, Coal Tit, Great Tit, Nuthatch, Blue Tit, 
Orgreave Lakes: Robin, Blackbird, Magpie, Carrion Crow, Woodpigeon, Starling, Black-headed Gull, Common Teal, Lesser Redpoll, Jay, Gadwall, Coot, Graylag Goose, Pied Wagtail, Canada Goose, Goosander, Tufted Duck, Pochard, Skylark, Kestrel, Wigeon, Grey Heron, Cormorant, Herring Gull, Bullfinch, Goldfinch, Mallard, 

No comments:

Post a Comment