Thursday 31 March 2016

Fly Flatts

My mum was passing Fly Flatts this morning so I got a lift up to see what was about. Usual moorland suspects around, but my first drumming Snipe of the year was fantastic, always a real treat and 3 Wheatears 2 male and a female made for an excellent mornings birding.
I then moved onto to another location which is good for Little Owl. Its my first time checking out the site this year and I was unsure what to expect, but just going past I picked one up perched on the wall top and after that the other bird did not take much finding. Such smart little birds, really nice to see.
-Little Owl
It all made for a pleasant mornings birding.

Species List:
Fly Flatts: Meadow Pipit, Common Snipe, Northern Wheatear. Canada Goose, Lapwing, Mallard, Grey Heron, Jackdaw, Greylag Goose, Red Grouse, Carrion Crow, Pheasant, Redshank,

No comments:

Post a Comment