Thursday 28 May 2020

Whiteholme Reservoir

Having been home and birding local sites for nine weeks due to the Covid-19 virus I decided to have an evening trip to Whiteholm Reservoir on the south side of Halifax. Obviously this is within the current government guidelines, but I was also aware that such a remote location would not bring me into contact with many people.
It was an extremely pleasant evening out birding, although there was not a wide variety of birds the species I wanted to see, Sanderlings, were still present, at least one of the was anyway. It was a very confiding bird and I was able to make the most of my time with it. There were also three Dunlin, a Ringed Plover and a handful of Common Sandpiper. The drake Common Scoter that had been on the water in the morning was also still present.
-Sanderling
-Common Scoter

Species List:
Whiteholme Reservoir: Canada Goose, Mallard, Common Scoter, Common Ringed Plover, Eurasian Curlew, Sanderling, Dunlin, Common Sandpiper, Carrion Crow, Northern Raven, Eurasian Skylark, European Stonechat, Pied Wagtail, Meadow Pipit,

No comments:

Post a Comment