Wednesday 11 August 2010

the garden-brimming with butterflys (notice the alliteration!)

its been pretty busy since I got back from Scotland and as a result I have not really been able to get out. luckily the wildlife came to me this time allowing me to fill up my butterfly photo collection. Allow me to explain; whilst on holiday I decided to keep a "type photos" file with my record shots of every species I had seen so that, would I ever need a photo, I could easily track it down. Butterfly's file was one of the more complete but luckily it is now even more full. We had comma round the front and a small copper round the back in the same day which is pretty impressive. here is a collection of photos I have taken!


the comma

a small tortoiseshell absorbing nutrients from the soil on my mums vegetable plot!


The gorgeous little small copper, up close!

At the same time there was this meadow brown feeding on the same plants. occasionally the small copper would chase the meadow brown which was a surprise to me.



By this point the small copper had moved plants, hence the new red background

A comma photo with wings closed, showing the "comma"


A few green veined white record shots!

the comma

the meadow brown

The small copper, my favourite picture from the series

this all happened a few days ago but I have only just got to the computer. Hopefully the rest of the holiday will be just as successful

No comments:

Post a Comment