Wednesday 4 August 2010

scotland holiday-day 6

a nice cool sunny day. As a result we decided to canoe round to a nearby bay to do some swimming and other stuff. This however means that I could not take the camera and as a direct result of this I took no photos today. still That doesn't mean I saw anything anyway, which to be fair I didn't. The bay we went to is near to the seal bay so I saw some of those and ravens live on the cliffs behind the bay so I saw some of them and I seem to recall 2 common sandpipers flying past so it wasn't a total loss. Snorkling produced very little of any interest. I spotted about 3 corkwing wrasse but besides that there was nothing. A thoroughly disappointing day. When we arrived back at the campsite we found a sandwhich tern settling on one of the dyke's but that was ultimately the highlight of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment