Wednesday 9 July 2014

Fly Flatts

Since we were already most of the way there, having gone for a goodbye meal at the Crossroads at Wainstalls, I requested that we make a short trip to Fly Flatts to have a look for the Great Northern Diver that had been reported that afternoon. I had no kit with me, but I figured it would be worth the look for a few mins. The first species I saw as we pulled up was a Graylag Goose, but the second bird I checked out was indeed the Great Northern Diver. All I could make out was the shape of the silhouette at a distance but there was no doubt as to the bird. We did not stay long and I only watched the bird for a minuet, since I needed to get back to pack, but for a short trip it was worth it.

Species List:
Fly Flatts: Meadow Pipit, Graylag Goose, Canada Goose, Great Northern Diver,

1 comment:

  1. Wk done Daniel , glad you got the diver. See you sometime. Dave

    ReplyDelete