Monday 9 February 2015

Anglers CP

I went to Anglers from Pugneys and arrived at half 1. I went straight to the hide and did not leave until half four, hoping for a good gull roost. As it happened, the gull roost was a little slow, the gulls were a long way away (Too far for my scope) and I was the only birder there. As a result I did not stay long into the roost, also due to the fact that it was freezing cold and I had lost sense in all my digits. It was pleasing to return home to see that no unusual gulls had been seen in the roost, though I know not where these lack of gulls were being reported from.
On the birds that were actually there I had some good stuff, including a skein of 23 Pinkies, a Shelduck (Yeartick), Sparrowhawk went through twice, putting up at least 5 snipe, and plenty of Lapwings. The sheer number of Lapwings actually made quite an impressive din, but its not the most pleasant of noises when heard en mass.
-Lapwing
So overall a good end to the day, just a pity that I could not get more into the gull roost, but we can't have it all.

Species List:
Anglers CP: Blackbird, Song Thrush, Pink-Footed Goose, Lapwing, Canada Goose, Mute Swan, Wigeon, Starling, Goldeneye, Long-Tailed Tit, Oystercatcher, Grey Heron, Coot, Moorhen, Great-Crested Grebe, Black-Headed Gull, Cormorant, Goosander, Gadwall, Carrion Crow, Tufted Duck, Teal, Common Gull, Magpie, Pochard, Woodpigeon, Common Snipe, Herring Gull, Jackdaw, Sparrowhawk, Pied Wagtail, Shelduck, Blue Tit, Mallard, Common Buzzard,

No comments:

Post a Comment